Sunday 26 November 2023

10-324 (21/11/23) -- White Stuff

Well, it has happened. Our first snow. I woke to the sound of a shovel on cement, which told me that the snow wasn't set to melt if we just waited. <sigh> So, my first task after doing breakfast was to push snow off the patio, front porch and around the car. Someone from the complex came by shortly after to spread some salt on the driveway and up to the front door. During the day, snow squalls came and went, so I chose to do my meeting by phone today instead of in person. instead of driving and walking in the slippery areas. Also, not everyone has their winter tires on yet or remembers to slow down when road conditions are not perfect. Perhaps  it is a bit of defensive driving to just stay home. <smile> Forecasts suggest that we will have some sun and melting over the next few days, before it snows again. 

I chose an odd little number that addresses the weather phenomenon encountered today. It demonstrates some great creativity, though I could come up with a few more words -- but that might affect ratings <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy!

50 Words for Snow -- Kate Bush



No comments:

Post a Comment