Thursday 16 November 2023

10-302 (30/10/23) -- Being Present

I did a number of small errands today, running around to various stores and shopping areas. I felt a bit on edge at times. For the most part I just felt 'off' all day. I wasn't sure why, which only added to the edginess. 

Once home, I sat with a cup of tea and booted the computer to check emails and messages. While reading, in mid-sentence, I said out loud, "It's Monday." Everything finally made sense to me. This was the day my friend and I would speak every week. So, in the midst of grief, the body senses and expresses things before the conscious mind catches up. A friend who has been on her own grief journey suggested that I embrace that feeling and spend some time remembering my friend. That sounds simple, but it will not be easy to do. It is part of the 'work' of grief. It doesn't just flow through us and finally leave. We have to actually do some work that gets us face to face with grief. Acknowledging in this way seems like it might help with that. Feel the feelings and work through it all. Be present with the pain. 

I chose a song about time and working through life. I particularly like the imagery of the line about trees. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Comes a Time -- Neil Young



No comments:

Post a Comment