Thursday 23 November 2023

10-315 (12/11/23) -- Isolated Feeling

It was sunny today so I went for a longer walk than usual. I had a good chat with a neighbour along the way. She told me of a different pathway out of the development. It is still a long walk, but fewer hills to climb. That path ends by the tertiary highway. There is a great garden for walking and contemplation on the other side. I'm now looking for a shortcut to get to this trail. That would save two or three blocks. 

I still find it difficult to be so far from Main Street and campus. It is a 10 minute drive unless there is traffic. I can park at the end of Main and get in a good walk down to businesses or to my office on campus. Walking the whole way would be about 45 minutes one way. That is a huge walk. There is a community bus, but the route is all through town, so the ride one way can be an hour. I feel trapped at times. The area is not huge, and all townhomes look the same and the yards are all similar -- though some residents have personalized their spaces somewhat. Being in the centre of town meant I could walk in several directions and keep the daily outing interesting. I need to find a way to do this here. It has been a challenge, but I will keep trying and ask others where they walk. 

A song that came to mind when pondering the isolated feelings I've had. It made me smile, though it does have a few lines that hit home a bit. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hotel California -- The Eagles



No comments:

Post a Comment